Meditation is not just about relaxation…
There are endless scientifically proven life benefits of meditation.
If you have taken a comfortable seat on your mat or are contemplating to do so, you probably already know that meditation is vital to personal and spiritual evolution.
Basic Meditation Benefits:
- Reduces Stress
- Speeds Healing Process of the Body by reducing inflammation on a cellular level
- Increases Neuroplasticity and Cognitive Function
- Promotes Better Sleep
- Increases Immunity and help fifth diseases
- Decreases Pain Sensitivity
- Increases Positive Emotion
- Decreases Depression
- Increases Metabolism and Helps in Weight Management
- Decreases Anxiety
- Helps you Feel More Connected
Attention to the discipline of meditation is what brings results, not desire. It is nectar for the mind as good food is nourishment to the body. Meditation strengthens positive qualities of compassion, patience and wisdom and frees us of conflicting emotions and erroneous beliefs. It calls for the strongest kind of self-discipline and is an essential ingredient in developing true inner beauty.
How to Meditate:
- In a quiet, clean (indoor or outdoor) space, sit comfortably with a straight back (in a chair or on the ground)
- Slightly tuck your chin as to relax the back of your neck
- Rest your tongue at the junction of your pallet and upper teeth
- Behind closed lids, slightly look up at your third eye (where the top of your nose meets your forehead)
- Rest your hands on your thighs or knees
- For the next 20 minutes, focus on the sensation of your breath as you inhale (think ‘SO’=‘I AM’) and exhale (think ‘HUM’=‘THAT’).
- The SO-HUM mantra is to be used as a tool of the mind to bring any thoughts back to this universal sound and to your nourishing breath
- Seal your mediation by releasing your mantra, taking a deep belly breath and softly chanting ‘OM’ three times as you witness the inner energy you have created thanks to your checking in to your beautiful practice.
Meditation is the single most important thing that you can do to live a life of wonder, happiness, and profound meaning.